Contracted Hours: TBC Based on Shift patterns to cover: 9:00am – 9:00pm 7 days / week Working hours negotiable to meet business need o suit.
Permanent depending on funding
Job Purpose To provide the hire off mobility scooters, powered wheel chairs and manual wheelchairs for the use of Shopmobility members and other approved visitors to the White Rose Shopping Centre. To sell, daily living aids and other identified point of sale products. To promote the services of the William Merritt Centre.
1. To act as the first point of contact and provide exceptional customer service, managing customer enquiries, including face to face, over the phone and via email/ social media.
2. To reserve equipment, booking equipment out/in and processing payments.
3. To process cash and card payments for sales, membership and hire costs; ensuring the figures balance at the end of each day.
4. To conduct initial assessments for new customers ensuring they are able to adequately control the equipment before hiring and are aware of the Shopmobility Driver Instructions – Training will be provided.
5. To routinely identify Shopmobility equipment requiring servicing following the service schedule, ensuring their reliability and road worthiness at all times .
6. To carry out simple maintenance / repairs to Shopmobility stock and liaise with maintenance contractor on repairs, as and when necessary.
7. To ensure the scooters and power chairs are fully charged and ready/available for use at all times.
8. To ensure the scooters and power chairs are correctly set up as required, for each individual customer.
9. To provide a professional service for mobility equipment, ensuring the opportunity for repeat business.
10. To keep all equipment COVID sanitised and presentable at all times.
11. To maintain a positive and professional image of the organisation at all times. Working with colleagues to develop and maintain a range of marketing materials including flyers, posters and the Shopmobility page on the website.
12. To utilise the Shopmobility office space and frontage as a platform to promote the services delivered by William Merritt Centre (WMC), with a focus on Shopmobility and other outdoor mobility services offered by WMC.
13. To maintain a social media profile which encourages interest from existing and potential customers and donators, aiming to increase the number of hires and donations / sales.
14. To maintain a safe and welcoming environment for visitors and staff, ensuring public areas are clean and tidy and that workshop/storage areas are free from hazards and equipment is stored appropriately. This would include hoovering, dusting, keeping the kitchen area clean, and other duties required to present the facility in the best possible way to Shopmobility visitors.
15. To utilise the correct manual handling techniques at all times to ensure your own safety and to minimise the risk of damage to Shopmobility and customer equipment.
16. To suggest to Senior Management Team (SMT) anything that they would think would benefit the day to day running of William Merritt Centre Shopmobility.
17. To seek assistance from other staff and volunteers in the delivery of the above tasks.
18. To follow the Lone Worker procedure, follow up and report any problems to the line manager immediately or member of the SMT if unavailable.
19. To maintain the security of the office by ensuring that the opening/closedown checks are completed effectively.
20. To be fully aware of and able to fulfil your role as detailed in the Fire Safety Policy and Fire Risk Assessment.
21. To be aware of and adhere to WMCs’ policies and procedures at all times and to abide by the policies and procedures as laid down in the Company Staff Handbook.
22. To remain aware of, and abide by, current legislation, organisation policy and the principles relating to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
23. To commit to the necessary training and development activities in order to fulfil the role and your potential.
24. To be vigilant to potential safeguarding concerns and respond in accordance with the Safeguarding Vulnerable People Policy and Procedure.
25. Attendance at staff meetings, external events and other meetings as required.
26. Any other duties considered necessary to further the aims of the organisation.
EXPERIENCE (including paid work and voluntary)
Smartly presented (Confident, positive and friendly approach
Experience of shop / retail management
Experience of using Microsoft Office 2016 including Word, Excel and Outlook programmes
Experience in use of Internet
Experience of customer services
Experience of working in the voluntary sector
Personal experience of disability or working with older people (D) QUALIFICATIONS (or equivalent level)
Educated to GSE / Level 2 or equivalent in Maths & English
Demonstrate good level of keyboard skills and ability
Trusted Assessor Certificate
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Able to manage the physical requirements of the role. Including lifting heavy objects.
Ability to assemble promotional materials
Accurate keyboard skills Supervisory skills
A friendly outgoing approach with excellent communication skills
Good telephone manner - helpful, capable and discreet
Good numeracy skills
Highly sensitive to the needs of people with disabilities
Willingness to work flexibly
Ability to work under own initiative and excellent organisational skills
Be able to travel around White Rose Centre to recover abandoned equipment
To Apply: Email your CV to email@example.com, referencing Shopmobility Operative and outlining available days and hours can work.